For any of you writers out there, you know how frustrating writing a query letter can be. My first round of submissions (about a year ago) garnered a couple of partial requests but no fulls. I’m polishing up the manuscript, especially the beginning, and hopefully will be submitting again by the end of the summer. So….I’ve rewritten my query letter. It has been a completely frustrating process but I think it’s finally getting somewhere. I think what I have now will be much better than what I had before.
Last time I wrote a query, I posted it in the “Query Letter Hell” section on Absolute Write. I had suggestions and it got to the point where it was ok, but it wasn’t great. I’ve gone through this same process again, posting on Absolute Write, getting responses, and making changes accordingly. I’m finally to the point where people are actually liking the query letter. I’m not saying it’s perfect, but it’s at least garnering more positive than negative responese. A huge improvement over last time.
Hopefully a year from now I’ve had success in getting published. The query letter is a huge part of that, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.