For those of you who read on a regular basis, you’ll notice that my word count just jumkped like 10,000 words in about a week. Looks great, right? And don’t get me wrong, I love seeing that little pink meter move further and further to the right. And I did technically add that many words to the book. However, most of it was already written. As I’ve had ideas over the past six or so months, I’ve written them out into very rough drafts right within my outline. So all it really took to get that 10,000 words was to transfer them from my outline to the manuscript itself. I did do a lot of polishing — basically what was in my outline was a very very rough draft — so I guess that has to count for something, and all of it was stuff I’ve been really excited about getting in there. The only downside, I’ve left a few holes. There is one chapter where I’ve only included a small paragraph giving a general idea of what I want to happen. Other chapters have an introductory paragraph that is the same. I just wasn’t up to working out all the intricate details of political intrigue and plot. Plus, I’m not sure I have it all figured out yet. So, there you have it. My amazing 10,000 words in a short space of time.